The American Society of Comparative Law, Inc.(ASCL) – “The American Society of Comparative Law, Inc. (ASCL), is an organization of institutional
members devoted to study, research and writing on foreign and comparative law in the United States.”
The American Society of International Law (ASIL) – “The American Society of International Law’s purpose is to educate and engage the public in international law and promote the resolution of disputes and international conflict.”
World Jurist Association – “A World Ruled by
Law, not Force. This has been the primary goal of the World Jurist Association (WJA) since its founding in 1963. Today, the World Jurist Association is the only non-profit, non-governmental, non-partisan organization that gives the citizens of the world a direct voice in the development and administration
of international law.”
Asociacion de Abogados de Buenos Aires – Bar Association of Buenos Aires
Association of Young Lawyers in Bulgaria – works in the area of mobilizing young legal experts and civic resources for support of local initiatives and grass roots projects.
Auckland District Law Society – administers the legal profession for the Auckland district which covers the area from Thames/Coromandel to North Cape and
includes metropolitan Auckland. Its vision is to empower the legal profession to serve the community with skill and integrity.
Australian Plaintiff Lawyers Association
– its mission is to protect and enhance the legal, civil and political rights of those injured at the hands of wrongdoers, and to promote the public good through concerted efforts to secure safe products, work and public places, clean environments and quality health care.
British Israel Law Association – is one of the growing number of bilateral law associations supported by the Law Society of England and Wales. The purpose of these bilateral associations is to develop cultural, legal and social relations between lawyers in different countries and as the practice of English solicitors and barristers becomes increasingly international the number and importance of these organisations will increase.
Canadian Bar Association – premier provider of personal and professional development and support to all members of the Canadian legal profession; it promotes fair justice systems, facilitates effective law reform, promotes equality in the legal profession and is devoted to the elimination of discrimination; and is committed to enhancing the professional and commercial interests of a diverse membership and to protecting the independence of the judiciary and the Bar.
Canadian Legal Associations & Societies – portal to various legal associations and laws for Canada
Canadian Maritime Law Association
– is Canada’s representative to the Comité Maritime International (CMI) an organization founded in 1897 to promote uniformity and reform in international maritime law and commerce. Its mandate is to advance the development of effective, modern commercial maritime law within Canada and the international shipping community.
Colegio de Abogados de Puerto Montt – Chilean Bar Association
Colegio de Abogados de Puerto Rico – Bar Asssociation of Puerto Rico
Industrielle (CNCPI) (French Industrial Property Attorneys)
Computer Law Association – is the world’s largest association of attorneys serving information technology. It sponsors the World Computer Law Congress and many other world class conferences around the world.
Customs and International Trade Bar Association – members consist of attorneys that maintain an interest in the field of customs law, international trade law and related matters. CITBA members represent United States importers, exporters and domestic parties concerned with matters that involve the United States Customs laws, anti dumping, countervailing duties and other international trade laws, and related laws and regulations of other U.S. federal agencies concerned with international commerce.
Daini Tokyo Bar Association – is one of the three local bar associations consisting of attorneys with offices in Tokyo, and its mission is to protect human rights and realize social justice.
European Lawyers Group – brings together lawyers representing the interests of their clients throughout Europe.
Federation of Law Societies of Canada – is the umbrella organization of thirteen governing bodies of the legal profession in Canada, each of which is completely independent.
Finnish Bar Association – is an organization pertaining to public law, which is regulated by the The Act on Advocates of 1958. Lawyers who are members are designated “Advocates”. Its aim is to maintain and enhance the responsibility and professional skills of advocates and to develop the activities of the legal profession.
Lawyers Association – promotes comparative law studies between the two countries
German-French Lawyers Association
– pursue the promotion of the professional and personal relations between German and French lawyers.
Inter-American Bar Association – represents a permanent forum for the exchange of professional views and information for lawyers to promote the Rule of Law and protect the democratic institutions in the Americas.
Interlaw – an international association of independent law firms.
Interlegal – a network of law firms in Europe and the United States
International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - peer group selected organization of the finest Matrimonial Lawyers in the world with the membership having international aspects to their practice.
International Association of Constitutional Law - provides a forum for the exchange of knowledge and information and the development of understanding of constitutional systems.
International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) – The oldest and most prestigious international organization of attorneys representing corporations and insurers.
International Bar Association- “The International Bar Association (IBA) is the world’s largest membership-based organization of Bar Associations, Law Societies and individual lawyers. Our aim is to make this website the easiest access to information about international legal practice and a form of communication between members.”
International Law Association
– its mission includes study, elucidation and advancement of international law, public and private, the study of comparative law, the making of proposals for the solution of conflicts of law and for the unification of law, and the furthering of international understanding and goodwill”.
International Law Association – American Branch – is an autonomous member of the International Law Association
International Law Firms – an association of independent commercial law firms in all major cities of the world, each of them specialising in those areas of commercial law which are important in those cities.
International Lawyers Network – an association of 73 high-quality, full-service law firms with lawyers world-wide.
International Municipal Lawyers Association – is an advocate and resource for local government attorneys.
International Society of Military Law – its mission is the study of military law and the law of armed conflict, research into the harmonization of internal systems of law both reciprocally, having regard to international conventions and the rules of international law relating to those fields, and also to the promotion of a body of military law and the law of armed conflict established with respect to human rights.
Inter-Pacific Bar Association
– international association of business and commercial lawyers with a focus on the Asia-Pacific region.
International Trade Commission Trial Lawyers Association – the primary organization informing attorneys around the world about Section 337 practice; an important means for combating unfair practices in the import trade and especially for enforcing U.S. intellectual property rights at the border.
Japanese Federation of Bar Associations – a federation of 52 local bar associations made up of practicing attorneys whose activities include the protection of human rights, the improvement of criminal procedure, protection of the environment and the training and education for the legal profession.
JurisNet - a French association.
The Law Foundation of New South Wales – improves the community’s access to the law and the legal system. Its current research focusseson promoting a fair and accessible legal system and legal information which meets community legal needs, in particular those of the poor and disadvantaged.
Law Society of Alberta
– its principal duty is to serve and protect the public interest, made up of all the practicing attorneys in Alberta.
Law Society of England and Wales
– is the representative and regulatory body for solicitors of England and Wales.
The Law Society of Ireland – is the professional body for the solicitors of Ireland
The Law Society of New South Wales – is the professional association for the solicitors branch of the legal profession, representing lawyers in New South Wales.
The Law Society of Western Australia – is the professional association for Western Australian
barristers and solicitors. It offers services both to its members and also to the public and government.
Libralex – a Europa-wide association of independent law firms.
Malaysian Bar Council
– has the main function of managing the affairs of the Malaysian Bar and the proper performance of the functions of the Bar.
Maritime Law Association of Australia and New Zealand – an association of maritime lawyers from both Australia and New Zealand, a member of the International Maritime Committee.
New Zealand Law Society
– is a professional association which represents all practising lawyers in New Zealand. It promotes the interests of the legal profession and the interests of the public in relation to legal matters, promotes and encourages proper conduct among the members of the legal profession, and suppresses illegal, dishonourable, or improper practices, preserves and maintains the integrity and status of the legal profession and promotes opportunities for the acquisition and diffusion of legal knowledge.
Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
– is the governing body for the legal profession in Nova Scotia and is responsible for both licensing and discipline of the profession.
Ontario Trial Lawyers Association -
comprised of plaintiffs’ lawyers dedicated to the preservation and improvement of a civil justice system which is equally accessible to all and which fully and fairly protects the rights of those who have suffered losses as a result of the wrongdoing of others. The Association is committed to the pursuit of excellence in advocating for justice on behalf of those who have been oppressed or victimized by injustice of any kind.
Ordre des Avocats Vaudois (Switzerland)
Peel Criminal Lawyers Association –
an association of independent criminal law lawyers practising in the Regional Municipality of Peel in the Province of Ontario, Canada.
Penal Reform International (PRI)
– develops programmes on a regional basis, assisting both non-governmental organisations and individuals to establish projects in their own countries. It promotes the exchange of information and good practice between countries with related conditions. It promotes the development and implementation of international human rights instruments with regard to law enforcement, prison conditions and standards; the elimination of unfair and unethical discrimination in all penal measures; the abolition of the death penalty; the reduction of the use of imprisonment throughout the world; the use of constructive non-custodial sanctions which encourage social re-integration while taking into account the interest of victims.
Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity – established in the year 1869 to promote a higher
standard of professional ethics.
Bar Association of Serbia
– made up of several local Bar Associations which are trying to protect and improve the professional, social, economical position and standing of attorneys and their profession.
Tasmanian Bar Association
– one who is admitted as a barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Tasmania and who has a current Practising Certificate is eligible for membership of the Association.
UAE – Union des Avocats Europeens - Membership is open to lawyers who are members of a Bar or a Law Society in the European Union.European Lawyers’ Union. It promotes the practice of community law and law deriving from the European Convention on Human Rights.
Union Internationale des Avocats -Oldest international association of bars, bar associations, and law societies. (In English, French, and Spanish).